These little beauties make the perfect pick me up, whether you need an extra brain boost to get through the afternoons paperwork or are gearing up for a workout, thanks to the power of coconut you can fuel up on healthy fats for long lasting energy!
I was going to call them macaroons but I don’t think they quite qualify as that and anyway…They are the absolute BOMB 😉 and so deserve their name in my opinion, what even is a macaroon?! These little slightly sweet indulgences have a very buttery dense texture, with a lemony tang to balance the rich coconut and sweetness (only 1 tbsp of honey for the whole recipe is needed though as coconut butter has a slight natural sweetness).
- Lemon (juice of ½ – roughly 1 tbsp and all the zest)
- 4 Tbsp (80g) Coconut butter
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Cup Dessicated coconut
- 1 Cup sunflower seeds
- Blitz/blend seeds & coconut into a kind of rough chunky flour.
- Melt coconut butter, and oil in a pan on a low heat, then add in the honey and lemon juice, take off the heat and mix well.
- Pour in the flour mix and mix to form a dough (it will seem a little soft/sticky but fear not! The butter and oil will set and harden the mix)
- Using a Tbsp scoop and firmly press the mix to form the macaroon type shape (if you want them a bit more uniform, feel free to squash then into bars/balls or whatever shape takes your fancy!)
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least 30 mins…Devour and share! 🙂
*They can be stored in the fridge (for a firmer texture) or simply in a cool place….handy to pack and carry around for the day for a nutrient dense snack full of healthy fats for an energy and brain boost without the crash!